Library Para Position
Category: Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
Date Posted: 6/3/2019
Date of Availability: 08/27/2018
Date Closing: Until filled
Media Center Para-Position
7:45-3:00 When students are in school plus 3 additional days at the beginning of the school year to prepare for the school year – workshop week
11:05-12:15 K-4 Recess Duty
Possibly will need to do 5th-6th grade recess.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enhance and update current library procedures
- Keep school social media accounts up to date.
- Monitor and supervise online learning students
- Develop and potentially implement Maker Space Activities.
- Monitor and supervise students.
- Staff circulation desk, assisting with check-out and check-in for students and staff.
- Manage library volunteers/TA’s
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the library collection, including the purchase, cataloging, processing and inventory of materials. Prepare and distribute overdue notices: prepare bills and collect monies for lost books.
- Read aloud/mini lessons on library use to K-4 students.
- Assist staff and students with library technology curriculum and troubleshooting.
- Other assigned duties.
PREFERENCES: Prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students, staff, and with technology. Personal skills must include a professional, self motivated, friendly, positive, and cooperative work style.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must have earned 60 college semester credits or be a High School graduate who has passed the Para Pro examination.
SALARY: Per paraprofessional salary schedule