Start Your Online Application Now
Date Closing: until filled
Business Manager Position
Full time: 260 Days
Lester Prairie Public Schools is seeking a Business Manager to start immediately. The Business Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the district. This position will work with district office staff to manage the district finance related activities including but not limited to revenues, expenditures, budgets, payroll, taxes, investments, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
Applicant should have positive customer service skills, phone etiquette, good communication skills, be responsible, flexible, helpful, have math and accounting skills, be self-directed and self-motivated. Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree with accounting, business administration, finance, or closely related field preferred. Training will be available if needed.
Strong Communication skills with the ability to get along with a variety of people.
Experience in the accounting field in business or school environment or governmental accounting.
Demonstrate leadership, customer service, and team growth.
Functions of the position;
- Directs the overall financial management of the district
- Prepares annual operating budget
- Plans and prepares work papers for the annual audit
- Finance and budget consultation with Administration
- Assists the business operations of the Food Service program
- Compiles annual levy information and provide the Superintendent with recommendations
- Monitors long term debt obligations
- Determines cash flow projections, borrowing needs, and excess funds
- Prepares all State and Federal reports pertaining to district financial aid. This includes maintaining for SEDRA, and all Federal awarded grants programs (Title I, II, IV, REAP and SERVS). Prepare and electronically submit required reports to the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Initiates UFARS coding according to MDE guidelines
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations, ledger and journal entries as required
- Attends School Board meetings as a resource person
- Other duties as assigned
Lester Prairie School uses the applicant tracking system from Frontline Education to manage employment applications online