GED/Adult Basic Education
English Language, GED, and Adult Education is offered through WEST Adult Basic Education. Classes are held 6:00-8:30 PM on Mondays in Room 167 when school is in session. Nancy Mellesmoen is the instructor.
For adults of all ages who want to acquire or improve their match, reading, grammar, and/or writing skills for work, training, college, or for personal enrichment. Adult Basic Education (ABE) addresses a variety of learner goals:
- Attain employment and/or better their current employment
- Achieve high school equivalency (GED or Adult High School Diploma)
- Attain skills necessary to enter post-secondary education and training
- Learn to speak and write the English language
- Master basic academic skills to help their children succeed in school
- Become U.S. citizens and participate in democratic society
- Gain self-esteem, personal confidence and sense of personal and civic responsibility
More information about available courses and enrollment can be found on the WEST ABE website. Classes are available at Lester Prairie School.
Interested in volunteering? Opportunities are available for both virtual and in-person tutoring in ABE and ESL. Call 763-682-8688 for more information on volunteer opportunities.