Parents~ If you have questioned whether your child has learning problems or could have a disability, you are welcome to contact the Special Ed. Department about the assessment process for special education.
Special Education encompasses a number of disability areas. This is the link to the MN Department of Education/Special Education. Here you will be able to view the criteria for each disability category.
At this link, you will also be able to view the following:
* Current topics in Special Education
* Special Education Statutes and Rules
* Related Links to Support Services
* Evaluation and Program Planning Supports
* Specialized Instructional Resources
Other supports that parents may find helpful are the following
Learning Disability Association of Minnesota
Attention Deficit Disorder Association